Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Redemption has a Name...

And that name is R.Y.A.N!




Many of you are unaware of just how bad I failed my dodge ball team last year. It wasn't all my fault as the A-holes on the Keybank team were a bunch of dirty, filthy, cheaters whose flagrant disregard for the rules have ensured I will never trust them with my money. But that is a whole other story.

Besides dirty, dirty cheaters there are mainly 4 reasons why things didn't work out for us.

1. I didn't wear a Tom Landry hat to properly motivate my team.
2. I assumed that because I am so awesome and have seen the movie "Dodgeball" like 100 times I would naturally lead my team to victory.
3. I wasn't wearing enough sweat bands.
4. I didn't turn my name into an acronym of my strategy.

R-Remember the A.L.A.M.O (see below)
Y-Yes, I will destroy all opponents who dare oppose me.
A-Awesome will always triumph (except for last year, which was the exception that proves the rule)
N-Never is not enough...


A-Avoid getting hit by the ball.
L-Look where you are throwing.
A-Always eat a good breakfast.
M-Move out of the way of the ball.
O-Only one team can win.

Once plan R.Y.A.N has been implemented I should be a lethal dodgeball force.

The project will involve hours of dodging and catching drills designed by me for optimal dodgeball performance...

I just realized that I don't have very much time before I will meet my opponents in ball to ball combat, which means I won't have time to implement project R.Y.A.N, which means we are probably going to loose again. (sigh... Ef)

For some people going into something they know will end in a humiliating defeat may cause them to reassess their course of action. Luckily, I am not one of those people. Even though I am 90% certain my participation in this dodgeball game will end with my humiliation, I cannot wait to do it because as Dr. Seuss in his infinite wisdom has said "these things are fun and fun is good". So I am going to choose fun over dignity and always will.

Your Guide for Life,
-Ryan

4 comments:

  1. I want in, possiably as a coach as I will add very little to the team. However if called upon I will lay my body down for this team.

    Jeremy "The Bear" Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jer,

    You are welcome to be our coach, but we will have to call you patches. The game is June 10th we could use all the help we can get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am unfortunately well aware of last year's humiliation, and I am super pumped for revenge. I thirst after it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chase, I am planning on a public humiliation that way if we lose I am right and if I am wrong then our team will be victorious. It is a classic win/win situation. But I am going to be doing a lot of practice in the week or so we have left.

    ReplyDelete

Before the List